Hi friends! I love a good room designed with shiplap. Joanna Gaines basically coined the phrase when she began incorporating shiplap into her renovations, and now shiplap has basically taken over the internet. And, as much as I love white shiplap walls, I wanted to share with you some really amazing ways to add shiplap, or wood planks, into your room design without having to touch a can of white paint! So, here are some amazing non-white paint designs for your shiplap inspiration!
Shiplap Decor Ideas
Make sure to visit these talented designers & tell them I said hello! And please go directly to their website to pin!
- Color Flip. We’re so used to seeing white shiplap and color on the walls. Why not switch it up? This powder room got a budget makeover by adding wood planks to half the wall and painting it a gorgeous blue. The rest of the wall and ceiling got a fresh coat of white paint. Perfect for making a small room feel larger and brighter! Source: The Weathered Fox
2. Go Gray for a focal wall. You don’t have to paint every wall the same color. This shiplap accent wall draws your eye to the gorgeous bed, and makes it the focal point of the space. I love how she trimmed the shiplap to give it a finished look! Source: Table and Hearth
3. Gray Wash. Not quite paint, but not quite stain either. This look is great for a farmhouse look without inviting too much warm wood tones into one area. I love the subtle texture it gives to an otherwise boring wall. Source: Refresh Living
4. Mix up your stain and paint. This room really goes for that masculine reclaimed wood look, and it’s achieved by mixing up the stain and paint finishes drastically. Source: The Magic Brush Inc
5. Create a geometric design. This room is more polished, and less shiplap, but nevertheless I love the way the blue looks with the wood focal wall. Source: Life on Virginia Street
6. Go warm with your stain. Joanna paints a lot of her shiplap on Fixer Upper, but there are some instances where she leaves it alone. Doesn’t this wall remind you of that rich warmth that shiplap has? The good news is you don’t have to wait 100 years to get that look. Source: Red Head Can Decorate
7. Have some fun with color. Shiplap is far from boring or neutral. It can really be used in so many different ways to match your design style. I love how this colorful wall turned out! Source: Lovely Etc
8. Go Au Natural! This blogger had the intention of painting her accent wall, but chose not to after she warmed up to the natural beauty of the wood. What do you think? Source: Rambling Renovators
9. Add some texture to your nursery. To me this is the perfect way to create a gender neutral nursery. The wood makes the room feel so cozy. And the room can be easily transformed into a toddler, and then teen bedroom with a few simple changes. Source: At Charlotte’s House
10. Create an industrial retreat. I love how this shiplap was used to sortof bring in a outdoorsy industrial type vibe in this kids bedrooms! And is that a rock climbing wall?? Source: Simply Designing
11. Going neutral isn’t boring. And this bathroom proves it! I love how the neutral creamy brown paint adds so much character to the space. This bathroom is so inviting yet so simple anyone can recreate this look! Source: Jenna Sue Design
I hope you liked this round up of some amazing non-white shiplap design ideas! Don’t forget to pin this post for later!
Do you have a shiplap wall in your home?? Share it with us in our I Heart Home community! Click here to request to join!