I wanted to stop by in the last few days of the new year to tell you about some awesome changes going on over here! I’ve had an amazing year blogging, have been open to so many new opportunities, met new friends, opened a booth, and now an online shop! This has been such a whirlwind and I have you all to thank for being so amazing in following my adventures. Now I can say someone besides my husband reads my blog, even if it’s just a few more. I love my little corner of the world, and I love you all for being a part of it!
The biggest change you’ll see is the new name! I love Penny Love Projects. The name was inspired by my niece, Penny Love, and I have so much invested in this name already, but a few things have made me rethink the name.
- People think my name is Penny. Like, all the time. I’ll get emails or comments with ‘Dear Penny’. So, it’s sort of misleading, and I certainly don’t want people to be confused by my blog name for business purposes. I want my name and face to represent my blog.
- I opened up my booth and shop and chose not to use Penny Love in the name. I know, I made my life more complicated! But I just wasn’t feeling ‘Penny Love Market’, sort of for the same reasons as I have already mentioned.
- I really want my own name and style incorporated in my brand. Like I said, Penny Love was confusing, but it also was not telling of my style at all. When I started with this rebranding last year, I was getting closer to what I wanted, but now that I am even more established, I want to use my name into my blog. Especially with a last name like Fox. I’ve seen a few other brands and blogs with ‘fox’ in the name and I’m thinking to myself, “why am I not using my own last name!?”
- I want to combine my shop in with the blog, and I thought it would be confusing for people. It already starts getting confusing when I say “Hi, I’m Crystal, I blog at penny love projects. Welcome to my shop The Weathered Fox!” Yea. Weird, right? I knew it would be weird, but I was just pushed internally to go in that direction. And I love it.
- It’ll be easier to have one brand name for business cards and such. Obviously.
So, my new blog name will be The Weathered Fox.
And that will come with a little transformation of the blog, but it’s still the same ol’ me!
With the new year rolling in, I want to try something new. I’m going to (attempt to) keep a weekly schedule. I haven’t decided the details yet, but you can look forward to more updates throughout the week!
I may be switching some things around on the blog front, so please excuse the mess as we reconstruct! Pages may change or move, and some will be added. I want to try to organize my posts to make it easier to find older projects as well.
What does this mean for you?
You don’t have to do anything for now. If you’ve subscribed for email updates, your subscription should transfer. If you are following me on Instagram or Facebook, I’m hoping I can just change my name without interruption or complications.