Cacti are super trendy this summer and so fun to use in home and party decor. These sweet little watercolor printable cactus cupcake toppers are perfect for a baby shower, cinco de mayo party and or fiesta.
Hi there! It’s Jane from Sustain My Craft Habit back again to share another nature-inspired DIY idea with you here on The Weathered Fox.
Lately I’ve been on a bit of a printable cupcake topper kick. I have four little ones (a.k.a. Cupcake monsters) at home. Although I would love to be able to make those fancy decorated cupcakes, to be honest, they’re only interested in the frosting. So, for parties and get-togethers I fancy up store-bought mini cupcakes with printable images: on our blog you can find 4th of July inspired sparkling star cupcake toppers as well as a simple watercolour maple leaf design for download.
Cacti and succulents are super-trendy these days. I recently painted this watercolor cactus art and am happy to share it with you to use for your next cactus-inspired party or baby shower. There are three different colours including white, blue and pink – so mix them up, or print out just the colors you need.
You can also string together the cut-out rounds into a simple garland.
To Make the Cactus Cupcake Toppers:
- Download and print out the images ideally onto cardstock paper, although regular printer paper works as well. Each round image is approximately 2” across.
2. Cut out as many rounds as you need. I like to leave a little white rim around the edges of the circles.
3. Using a hot glue gun and clear craft glue, glue a small toothpick onto the back of each cupcake topper.
To Make the Watercolor Cactus Garland:
- Print out and cut the images as described above.
2. Glue the backside of each round onto yarn or cotton twine, approximately 3” apart.
Enjoy your new cactus party decor ideas!
To get your cactus printable, just subscribe to our email list! You’ll get instant access to our entire printable library!
Also, head on over to Sustain My Craft Habit to download the “Hugs are Free” printable watercolor cactus wall art.
We’d love for you to come by and visit us at Sustain My Craft Habit where we share simple nature-inspired DIY, craft and home decor ideas each week. Here are a few of our most popular posts: